We Develop, Implement, and Share Best Practices in Senior Care.
Our Mission is to collectively improve the experience of those we serve, improve the health of our communities and to reduce the per capital cost of care.
Senior Care Resources was established in 2014 to foster relationships between mission-based aging services providers and health care partners as new models of care evolve.
- We work to ensure that the consumer has full access to quality providers that represent the full array of services and settings.
- We work to enhance access to home and community based settings, while guarding the right of consumers to choose where they call home.
- We have established a robust health care learning system that anchors best practices within each community.
- We actively partner with health plans and providers to reduce cost through enhanced experience of care.
Senior Care Resources is a network of 18 mission-based providers with long histories of service to their communities. Our membership is predominantly not-for-profit and all money received for services is reinvested in communities and people. SeniorCare Resources participant members are located throughout Michigan and currently manage about 2000 SNF beds and housing for another 1700 seniors. Some of our SeniorCare Resource participants also provide continuous care retirement communities, home care, hospice care, homes for the aged and assisted living services.
Our communities in general provide 37.2% more hours per day of registered nurse care, 6.1% more hours per day of licensed practical nurse care, and 10.4% more hours per day of certified nursing assistant care than the Michigan average.
SCR Participant Members will:
1) Identify and adopt best practice strategies;
2) Improve clinical care outcomes;
3) Improve clinical education of participant staff;
4) Focus on Individuals and families and
5) Improve transitions between care settings
Our Participant members will negotiate collectively with major health plans and managed care organizations across the state, developing contracting relationships which will better serve our Medicare, Medicaid and other program enrollees. SeniorCare Resources will also seek formal relationships with the major health systems operating in the vicinity of the member organizations.
Click here for more information about our Value Model